Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Objectivist Round-up, March 27th, 2008

Welcome to the March 27, 2008 edition of objectivist round up. A great issue for you today. I hope you enjoy it!

Kendall J -

Stella presents An aphorism in practice posted at ReasonPharm, saying, "Have you noticed it's harder to see your primary care doctor than it used to be? There's a reason for that."

C. August presents A Brief History of Presidential Doctrines posted at Titanic Deck Chairs, saying, "In this post, I analyze presidential foreign policy from Monroe to the present, detailing the transition from rational self-interest to altruism as the guiding principle. It's not as dry as it sounds, and you'll definitely want to read what Teddy Roosevelt had to say."

rootie presents beautiful song, ugly message... posted at Optional Values, saying, "older post, but my first ever carnival entry"

Dan Edge presents Opposite-Sex Friendships posted at The Edge of Reason, saying, "In this whopper of a blog entry, I discuss why I avoid developing intimate relationships with other women (besides my wife). From the article: "So, acknowledging that I could have an enriching, totally platonic relationship with another woman, why would I avoid it? My answer to this question is grounded in two key points: 1) Emotions respond to how one *acts* in a relationship, not how he *labels* the relationship, and 2) There can be more than one soulmate for any given person." Feedback is appreciated! --Dan Edge"

Ari Armstrong presents To Hell with Hell posted at AriArmstrong.com, saying, "Philosopher Wes Morriston offered a fascinating review of Christian perspectives on Hell, along with various problems with the standard Christian view."

Flibbert presents Flibbertigibbet posted at Flibbertigibbet, saying, "I've been making YouTube videos on a roughly weekly basis and I recently discussed Ayn Rand and homosexuality. My view on the origin of homosexuality has changed over the years, but my basic conclusion about it has not. The video spawned a little bit of discussion, so I had a follow-up post: More on Rand and Homosexuality (http://flibbertigibbet.mu.nu/more_on_rand_and_homosexuality) Because I've taken the position that homosexuality is primarily (fundamentally, even!) I'm surprised my non-Objectivist readers/viewers didn't speak up more."

Kendall Justiniano presents The White Rose and Living by Principle posted at The Crucible & Column, saying, "A emotional day and a good book bring the author a clear example of living by principles."

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of objectivist round up using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags: , .

No comments: