Monday, August 17, 2009

Published

I am happy to announce that an op-ed I wrote on Carbon Cap and Trade policy was published in my (then) local newspaper, The Midland Daily News. It was published in its entirety and with no editing.

Sadly, the article is not available online, but I am providing a link to my copy of it. This article was also my final paper for my OAC Intro to Writing course. I’m very proud of the piece and while MDN is a small town paper, it was a valuable introduction into the submission process. Consider it a small indicator of bigger things to come.

2 comments:

Burgess Laughlin said...

Kendall, congratulations! It can be a double pleasure to see one piece of writing serve two or more functions.

It is true that small-town news media have small audiences, but sometimes their audiences include more attentive readers who want to learn what local people -- people they might actually meet or already know -- think about current issues.

Paul Hsieh said...

Congratulations! (And I hope your relocation is gone well!)